· Our Second-grade teacher, Mrs. Goodwin had her first grandchild and was able to be with her daughter in Idaho for her grandson’s birth.
· We had a terrific Science Fair lead by Mrs. Cindy Hammonds. Cindy’s love for science and her expertise in running the Science Fair was appreciated so much by teachers, parents, and students. It proved once again to be a great time of learning and celebration as students from the K-8th grades participated. We are also so appreciative of the volunteers who came and gave of their time to judge our students’ projects. If you would like to serve as a judge please let Mrs. Hammonds know. She would be delighted to add you to her list!
· Spirit week was a blast! The children looked forward to each day and being able to express their creativity in dress. We had Crayola Day, Twins Day, Wacky Wednesday, Throw Back Thursday and the favorite, Pajama Day!
· On March 25th our Beginning Band held their first concert. The students did a wonderful job and showed so much progress since the beginning of the year. I’d like to thank Mrs. Laurel Ferretti for all the time, effort, and love she brings to run this program on a volunteer basis. We wouldn’t have band without her!
· On March 28th our Jr. High P.E. class went to Donner Ski Ranch for a day of skiing and tubing. This activity has become a tradition that our students look forward to each winter. We appreciate Mrs. Sara Poblano so very much for teaching P.E. to our Junior High students and for planning this awesome field trip.
As March came in like a lion, it is winding down like a lamb.
As Easter approaches it draws me to reflect on The Lamb of God who died for our sins and rose again so that we could have eternal life with him. What a gift and a privilege it is to believe in and serve a risen Savior! Oroville Christian School is so fortunate to be able to proclaim the true reason for Easter and to teach our students the truths held in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. We truly have a reason to rejoice!